Au Diapason Foundation has several tools to assist you in your fundraising efforts :
- Donation form
- Donation Box
- Email signature. Download the image on your computer and then add it to your email signature.
- Sollicitation Letter (please contact us for a personal letter.)
How to Successfully Reach Your Fundraising Objective
1. Set an objective.
The objective is to reach $2,000 per team ($200 per participant). But you can always increase your objective if you surpass it.
2. Lead by example.
We suggest you make your first donation. When donors see that you’ve also contributed, they’ll understand the importance of this cause for you and they’ll be more motivated to give.
3. Share your experience.
Explain why you decided to participate in the event and why you’re raising funds for La Maison Au Diapason. What does La Maison represent to you? You can share this information on your personal fundraising page on the event’s website and on social media with a photo. The most interesting pages are those that share personal experiences.
4. Start right away.
Start your fundraising as soon as possible. The earlier you start, the more time you’ll have to reach your objective. This makes reaching goals more realistic and attainable.
5. Be positive.
It’s contagious! Ask with a smile and demonstrate your enthusiasm for the event.
6. Insert the link to your personal fundraising page in your email signature line.
By adding the link to your personal fundraising page, you’ll simplify the process for your donors and you may receive unexpected donations.
7. Don’t be afraid to ask.
What’s the number one reason why people don’t give? Because we didn’t ask them. Don’t be afraid to ask family, friends, neighbours and co-workers to support you.
8. Check for matching gift programs.
Some workplaces have matching gift programs. You can check with your human resources department to see if this is the case where you work. If so, the company will match your gift, thereby allowing you to double your donation.
9. Be creative.
To facilitate reaching your objective, you can also organize simple fundraising activities (while following public health protocols), such as:
- Garage sale;
- Bake sale;
- Car wash;
- Asking for a donation instead of a gift for birthdays, anniversaries, etc.;
- Asking your friends to make a donation instead of bringing a dish or bottle of wine to a party;
- Prize draw for people who donate a minimum amount or more (for example, people who donate $50 or more can be entered into a draw for a prize that you will award at a specific time);
- Accepting payments in the form of donations for various services (e.g. mowing a lawn, pulling weeds, babysitting, etc.).
10. Stay motivated.
Don't be afraid of people saying no. People give to many organizations and may not be able to give to every activity. Thank them and see if they’d be willing to share your personal fundraising page instead.
11. Thank your donors and stay in touch with them.
A few suggestions :
- Send a thank you message as soon as you receive a donation;
- You can send email updates about your progress to your donors;
- Thank all your donors after the event and inform them of the amount you raised personally and what was raised for the entire event.
12. Be proud of yourself!
Remember that you’re making a difference for patients at La Maison Au Diapason and their families. Thank you for your engagement!
For more information, please contact Au Diapason Foundation at (450) 534-2002 or by email email@example.com.