The Fondation maman Dion is a registered charity that promotes the development, the self-esteem and desire to succeed in school of young Quebecers from disadvantaged backgrounds, registered in kindergarden to secondary 5, from all regions of Quebec, by providing the basic school supplies, clothing and eyewear they need to start the school year.
HOW TO APPLY
1. You must complete one form for each of your children. If you ever make a mistake in completing your application and you have already sent it to us, contact us as soon as possible instead of filling out the form again to avoid hvint two with the same name;
2. All forms must be completed online and submittedby the end of March at the latest. Please refer to your child's latest report card and your 2018 Notice of Assessment of Canada Revenue Agency. The maximum time allowed to complete an online form is 60 minutes;
3. Only the selected families will receive a response by phone call from the Foundation by no later than the end of May;
4. Although the Fondation maman Dion would like to help all families, it has unfortunately set limits for some applications because of their number and diversity;
5. Please note that this application will be treated with confidentiality.
TERMS OF ELIGIBILITY
1. You must be a low-income family;
2. You must be a Canadian citizen and reside in Quebec or have permanent resident status in Canada and reside in Quebec;
3. Your child must be enrolled in regular classes, in a public elementary or secondary education institution recognized by the Ministry of Education, Recreation and Sports of Quebec (MELS);
4. It is mandatory to send us, by mail only, the following required documents at Fondation maman Dion, 130A, Notre-Dame Street, Charlemagne (Québec) J5Z 1H2 :
a) A copy of the documentation confirming your total family income as indicated on line 150 of your Notice of Assessment 2017 from the Canada Revenue Agency;
b) A copy of the Régie des rentes du Québec, Child support, to indicate the annuel family income;
c) A copy of the first page of the report card for each of your eligible children.
5. If you are able to identify a social worker or any other professional who can confirm your situation, your application may be prioritized;
6. The Fondation maman Dion Selection Committee reserves the right to cancel any application that does not comply;
7. Any application received after March 30, 2018, will be refused.