Update on Covid-19
In the current context of the COVID-19, the IRCM Challenge that was to take place on May 9, 2020 has been postponed to October 17.
It's hard to predict what the next few months will bring because of the COVID-19 situation. The IRCM Foundation is therefore following very closely the evolution of public health instructions and recommendations regarding sports gatherings.
Two scenarios are possible:
- As of today and until further notice, the IRCM Challenge is maintained on October 17, 2020 in its usual form, and those who wish to participate in virtual mode will be able to do so. The IRCM Challenge on the Mount-Royal will adapt to comply with the instructions issued by the government in order to ensure optimal safety for participants, partners and friends of the IRCM community.
For all the details of the event in its usual format, click here.
- What if large public gatherings are not allowed in the fall?
The 2020 edition of the IRCM Challenge will be exclusively virtual!
An IRCM Challenge in virtual mode, how does it work?
- Between October 1st and October 17th, whether you are in Montreal or elsewhere, walk or run your 1 km, 5 km or 10 km wherever you want, whenever you want, alone or in a small group, following public health guidelines.
- Once you have completed your race, enter your resulting time on the IRCM Challenge results platform. A link to the platform will be sent to you before October 1st.
- Your official IRCM 2020 Challenge jersey will be sent to you afterwards
- If you wish, you can also deposit your course map on the results platform using the http or https link generated by your race application.
NB. To our knowledge, the Strava, Garmin Connect, TomTom and MapmyRun running applications allow you to share an http or https link in the sharing options while the Runkeeper and Runtastic applications only allow you to share one photo, which is not compatible with the IRCM Challenge results platform.
- Share your IRCM Challenge on social media by uploading a photo or a video with the click words #ChallengeIRCM, #IRCM, #IRCMFoundation, #Research, #HealthResearch.
The IRCM Challenge remains a fundraising activity.
Participants are encouraged to be creative in raising funds for health research at the IRCM.
To find out how to participate in fundraising, click here.